Spoken caller name is an android application which speaks up the name of the calling person, the name of the person from whom an sms has arrived and would even speak the sms contents for you. The application has following features.
- Speaks the name of the calling person when your phone is ringing – D
- Speaks the name of the SMS sender as soon as the SMS arrives – D
- Reads SMS contents – D
- Avoid reading unknown SMS. That is, only read SMS from your contacts – D
- Remains silent when your ringer volume is silent – no speech for call or SMS
- Supports quite on turn or flip. It may be inappropriate at times for the speech to continue. For example a very long SMS is sent by your friend and you don’t it all to be read out. You can flip or turn your phone and the speech stops – D
- Custom speech settings for SMS and Call. For example instead of having spoken caller name saying Maria is calling, you might like to change it to say Call from Maria
- No ringtone while speech. This is achieved by setting Silent ringtone from Settings -> Sound -> Phone ringtone
- Ability to change Speech pitch and speed of the speech
D The feature can be disabled from settings when not required
Frequently asked questions
Sometimes, it does not speak the sms received out loud no matter what I do to make it work ?
If notification is not spoken there can be several reasons. This could be because you might have gosms installed on your phone, which stops other apps from receiving the sms notification.
So please follow this,
you need to disable a check box that prevents duplicate notifications in other SMS applications,
So just to reiterate:
In Go SMS (Pro), uncheck disable notifications, and
In the default Messaging app, enabled notifications!
Please note: The latest versions of Go SMS, the “Disable other notifications” is in 2 places (the “Notice” – enable notifications and “Receiving” – disable other notifications). Please make sure to update both locations.
please put % where you want name to be spoken ,
Like call from %
new message from %
currently your settings are missing that.
“Name or message not announced when I receive a text” – This is most likely due to another app installed on your device. Please follow the instructions below.
SETUP INFO FOR GOSMS, HANDCENT, VLINGO USERS:
-GO SMS >> Settings >> Advanced Tab >> Receive Settings >> uncheck “Disable other message notification”
-HANDCENT >> Settings >> Application Settings >> Disable
-VLINGO, Within phone settings, change voice recognizer from Vlingo to Google Voice.
or scan this qrcode